1. Can adults be immunized on the Mobile Unit? The GNOIN serves children birth through 18 years of age. Tuberculin testing and some adult vaccines are available at our office. Call (504) 733-3268 for an appointment or more information.
2. How much does it cost? Children’s vaccinations are provided free, regardless of one's ability to pay.
3. How do I enroll in the program? Children are eligible to enroll at birth at any participating Network Hospital or on the Greater New Orleans Immunization Mobile Unit. * See listing of Network Hospitals on the HOSPITALS page.
4. When will the mobile immunization unit be in my area? Check the Mobile Unit Calendar for a convenient time and location. You may choose any location.
5. What do I need to bring? The ONLY item required is the child's complete shot record.
6. Can my child receive an immunization if he/she is ill? Most illnesses, aside from high fever are not a contraindication for immunizations. You may call our office at 733-3268 for specific questions regarding illness.
7. When will I get my immunization reminder? Immunization reminders are sent to all enrolled children at 2, 4, 6, and 15 months of age. Older children seen on the Mobile Unit will be told when to come back for future immunizations.
8. Are Vaccines safe? Serious reactions to vaccines are extremely rare, but do occur. However, the risks of serious disease from not vaccinating are far greater than the risks of serious reaction to the vaccination.
9. Is it OK for my child to receive multiple immunizations in one visit? Studies have shown that the recommended vaccines are as effective in combination as they are individually, and that such combinations cause no greater risk for adverse side effects. Simultaneous injection of vaccines is both safe and effective. Giving several vaccinations at the same time means fewer office visits for vaccinations, which saves parents both time and money and may be less traumatic for the child.
Home | About Us | BUS Schedule | Tips for Parents | FAQ's
Immunization Schedules | Diseases | Hospitals | Featured News | SKIP
201 Evans Road Suite 314 Harahan, LA 70123 Tel (504) 733-3268 Fax (504) 733-7341
© Greater New Orleans Immunization Network 2002 | All Rights Reserved