1. Can adults be immunized on the Care Mobile? The GNOIN serves children birth through 18 years of age.
2. How much does it cost? Vaccinations are provided free to eligible children covered by medicaid or if the child does NOT have insurance that covers vaccinations.
3. When will the Care Mobile be in my area? Check the Care Mobile Calendar for a convenient time and location. You may choose any location. You can call our office for shot record information.
4. What do I need to bring? The ONLY item required is the child's complete shot record unless the child's information is already in the state database.
5. Can my child receive an immunization if he/she is ill? Most illnesses, aside from high fever are not a contraindication for immunizations. You may call our office at 733-3268 for specific questions regarding illness.
6. Are Vaccines safe? Serious reactions to vaccines are extremely rare, but do occur. However, the risks of serious disease from not vaccinating are far greater than the risks of serious reaction to the vaccination.
7. Is it OK for my child to receive multiple immunizations in one visit? Studies have shown that the recommended vaccines are as effective in combination as they are individually, and that such combinations cause no greater risk for adverse side effects. Simultaneous injection of vaccines is both safe and effective. Giving several vaccinations at the same time means fewer office visits for vaccinations, which saves parents both time and money and may be less traumatic for the child.
Home | About Us | Care Mobile Schedule | Tips for Parents | FAQ's
Immunization Schedules | Diseases | Hospitals | Featured News | SKIP
200 Henry Clay Ave New Orleans, LA 70118 Tel (504) 733-3268 Fax (504) 733-7341
© Greater New Orleans Immunization Network 2002 | All Rights Reserved